Sunday, November 4, 2012

Why the Phantom? Or How the Phantom Snagged Me

I've been asked a lot as to why I chose to add heat to the Phantom of the Opera. It's fine the way it is, right? It doesn't need fiddled with! Valid questions. The book is a classic for a reason. I get it.

Here's my take. I like to know what happens behind the closed doors. I'm nosy. When the movie gets to the part where there's the long kiss then the fade out, I want to know what happens next. Did they go bow-chicka-wow-wow? Go home? Just kiss? I want to know!

Another thing about me is when I'm reading a story that's really plugging along. It's getting tense and the sexual energy is high, then BOOM. Door closes. I'm the one slumping in my seat and frowning. I want to see what happened! Did they go all the way? Or realize being friends are better?

In the case of the Phantom, there's a lot of sexual energy teeming there. And there are so many places where, with just a little nudge, the characters could jump right into the hot stuff. So that's where I ran. Yep. I read and reread the story enough that I felt I'd immersed myself in it and looked for those ways to weave in the heat. I didn't plunk the hot stuff in there. Nope. I sought ways to weave it in so it felt organic for the reader. I researched the clothing of the time to make sure the divesting went correctly.

I worked hard to ensure the book is a good read for those who want a little heat between the characters. One thing I have to add, the story does stick to Gaston Leroux's original text. I didn't change the ending and I didn't take any parts out. So if you're looking for a hot version of Leroux's work, then this is where you want to go! I hope you enjoy the book as much as I did when I was writing the hot scenes!

The Classics Exposed…


A chance sighting at the Opera, fated love, and three lives in turmoil.


One man pledges to own her, while another wants her heart. The Opera sets the stage for romance and intrigue. In the catacombs below the building lives a man rife with sorrow and passion. The Phantom. But he’s not content to live alone. He wants to possess the one woman who can set him free.

His Christine.

Viscount Raoul de Chagny doesn’t believe the rumours of a Ghost living below the Opera. He only has eyes for Christine, his childhood friend and first love. Together they embark on a sensual journey of discovery and fiery desire.

But she can only have one man. Will love raise her up or tear their world apart?

available here!


~


Want to know more about Wendi Zwaduk? Here you go:

I always dreamt of writing the stories in my head. Tall, dark, and handsome heroes are my favorites, as long as he has an independent woman keeping him in line. I earned a BA in education at Kent State University and currently hold a Masters in Education with Nova Southeastern University.

I love NASCAR, romance, books in general, Ohio farmland, dirt racing, and my menagerie of animals. I also write under the pen name of Megan Slayer. I’m published with Total-E-Bound, Changeling Press, Liquid Silver Books, Turquoise Morning Press, Decadent Publishing and The Wild Rose Press. Come join me for this fantastic journey! If you like my work, tell your friends and email me. I love hearing from readers!

Site: http://wendizwaduk.com/
Blog: http://wendizwaduk.blogspot.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/WendiZwaduk
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wendi.zwaduk
Fan page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wendi-Zwaduk/195277927167481?ref=tn_tnmn
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/author/wendizwaduk
Goodreads:http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3495446.Wendi_Zwaduk
Newsletter sign up: http://ymlp.com/xgjmjumygmgj

3 comments:

Molly said...

I've been hearing good things about this book. Thanks for sharing this post!

molly at reviewsbymolly dot com

Debby said...

I have always been fascinated by the Phantom of the Opera. I would love to read this one. I have heard good things as well.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Wendi Zwaduk and Megan Slayer said...

Molly - You've made my day! I'm sod glad you have heard good things about the book. :-)

Debby - I'm glad you've heard good things as well. I loved playing with Phantom and making it hot.

Thanks ladies!